Attracting Blog Subscriptions November 6, 2009Posted by carolhagen in Construction Industry - Software, email, web 2.0.
Tags: blogging, email, howto, social media, tips, web2.0, web20
1 comment so far
It’s a funny thing how everyone has a blog but most have a dozen subscribers if that. In business you need to publicize your blog everywhere. I tried promoting it via a plain hyperlink in my email signature but no one clicked on it…that is until I made it an animated subscription. My email signature now automatically cycles through the last five posts. Every email recipient has the opportunity to see the topics I’ve recently discussed and decide then & there whether it interests them. How’d I do it? It’s easy…
- First Sign-up for Google Feedburner and enter your blog’s information (title, original address and new feedburner address). and save your feed details. Don’t worry, this is free.
- Click on the Publicize tab.
- Select the Headline Animator.
- Select email signature.
- From the dropdown, choose email signature and click next
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up based upon your email service. It’s available for Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook Express, Outlook 2003, Yahoo Mail and has workarounds for Gmail and Apple Mail too.
There’s plenty of other great features to help you with optimization and publicizing your blog with Feedburner. I’ll make this a series of how to’s for the next few weeks. If the construction industry starts using collaboration 2.0 (aka social media) for marketing and communication, for sure they will want to learn all these blog tips.
Share your success with us. We like to hear from our readers!